This page explains our approach to privacy on our website and how it affects you.
The following applies to this website:
- We collect anonymous usage statistics about your visit, for example which of our pages you viewed.
- If you share personally identifiable information with us we never share it with others without your explicit permission.
- We never share your data with third parties unless it is to help us deliver our own services.
We regularly review the seaforthcottage.co.uk website for GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance and make updates as appropriate. The website uses the HTTPS (secure hosting) protocol and is also otherwise compliant.
If you provide us with your email address we may send you emails, generally in reply to specific enquiries. You can opt out of any of this communication at any time.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically required by law.
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics (GA).
By default, Google Analytics captures data like:
- Page Information
- URL – the URL of the page the user is viewing
- Title – the title of the page the user is viewing
- Browser Information
- Browser name – the browser the user is using
- Viewport or Viewing pane – the size of the browser window
- Screen resolution – the resolution of the user’s screen
- User Information
- Location – this is derived from the IP address where the hit originated. The IP address itself is not available in GA as it is personally identifiable information (PII) which violates the terms of Google Analytics.
- Search – search terms used to find the site
- Language – derived from the language settings of the browser
All of this information is anonymous i.e. we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from GA helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and we use this information to make our website better.
Any data collected by GA that is associated with cookies, user identifiers or advertising identifiers is retained for a period of up to 26 months.
You can opt out if you wish.
This website uses Google Maps to visually present geographical information. Google Maps is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
When you use Google Maps, information about the use of this website, including your IP address, is transmitted to and stored on a server belonging to Google in the USA. By using this website you confirm that in this regard you are in agreement with the recording, processing and use of your automatically collected data by Google, one of its representatives, or third-party suppliers.
Things you can do
You have legal control over your personal data, and so you may at any time:
- get a copy of any personal data we hold about you
- have any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete data corrected
- ask that personal data be erased when it’s no longer needed
- ask that your data is not used for marketing purposes
If you need to do so then please get in touch with us using the details below.